Front of House and Community Manager at The Building Society
The Building Society is looking for a Front of House and Community Manager!
At a time when the world is craving connection and collaboration, Elliott Wood is looking for someone to play a pivotal role in harnessing the build environment community within The Building Society. An experienced Front of House and Community Manager will sit at the heart of developing and connecting our community to stimulate change and impact society.
The Building Society is a coworking space with a purpose ‐ to bring the built environment industry together, to educate, inspire and action ideas not just for business but for social and environmental reform.
Supported by a member network and a programme of events, The Building Society is more than a workspace, it is a community that is driven to engineer a better, and healthier society. We are looking for an experienced Front of House and Community Manager with a strong track record in stakeholder engagement, content creation, PR, and events, to join our team to grow an engaged and collaborative community both on and offline.
- Work with the Directors and advisory group to plan and oversee the implementation of an engaging activity programme of events and initiatives to boost brand awareness, engage and support members and to achieve impact through our wider purpose.
- Act as the face and voice of the brand and manage all community communications.
- Engage with members, get to know their business so that whether they work with us every day, or only occasionally, they always feel welcome and supported.
- Identify and stimulate collaboration opportunities within The Building Society.
- Build relationships with members, industry partners and journalists to profile the role of The Building Society as a coworking space and community.
- Build a digital community platform to widen the reach of our Membership to fulfil our purpose.
- Organise and co‐host community events for the members to attend.
- Optimise profiling of members and their initiatives internally and externally through social media and communication campaigns.
- Identify news stories and initiatives and provide engaging articles, text, image and video content for all social media and professional accounts.
- Ensure The Building Society website is kept up to date with engaging content reflecting the Membership and the activity within the space and the community.
- Liaise with the Communications team to coordinate Marketing, PR and Communication outputs for internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to sales and partnership drives to optimise membership
- Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews.
Skills and Track record
- Proven experience as a community and/or content manager or other similar role
- Proven track record of building a digital community
- Track record of engagement in and passion for the built environment
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Natural connector and enabler
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication and social engagement skills
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and should be able to boost brand awareness
- Excellent content creation and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Hands on experience with website, social media management and digital marketing
- Experience in building relationships with PR agencies and or journalists and external stakeholders
- Ability to interpret website traffic
- Attention to detail, critical‐thinker and problem‐solver
Contract: Open to Part time and Full time applicants, Permanent
Salary: £35,000/yr – £45,000/yr; dependent on experience
If this sounds like the role for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out today by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.