Community Manager/ Front of House Supervisor role
The Building Society is looking for a Community Manager/ Front of House Supervisor!
At a time when the world is re-emerging and craving connection and collaboration, Elliott Wood is looking for someone to play a pivotal role in harnessing the build environment community within our co-working space, The Building Society. An experienced Community Manager / Front of House Supervisor will sit at the heart of developing and connecting our community to stimulate change and impact society.
The Building Society is a coworking space with a purpose – to bring the built environment industry together, to educate, inspire, and action ideas not just for business but for social and environmental reform. Supported by a member network and a programme of events, The Building Society is more than a workspace, it is a community that is driven to engineer a better, and healthier society.
To join us as our Community Manager, you’ll have relevant community management, co-working coordination or senior front of house experience in a fast-paced environment and a strong track record in stakeholder engagement, hospitality and events. It’s essential that you’re demonstrably customer-centric and community driven with exceptional administrative and organisational skills. Ideally you’ll have worked in a business /private members club, co-working space or similar.
You’ll act as the face and voice of the brand and manage all community communications and initiatives, online and offline, and lead the front of house team of two, with a focus on membership sales and community engagement. You’ll also work with the Directors and advisory group to plan and oversee the implementation of an engaging activity programme of events and initiatives to boost brand awareness, engage and support members and to achieve impact through our wider purpose.
As part of your key objectives, you will:
- Manage the front desk and meeting rooms, and front of house team, to ensure exceptional customer service is delivered consistently.
- Ensure the standards of our spaces are upheld at all times.
- Ensure The Building Society website is kept up to date with engaging content reflecting the Membership and the activity within the space and the community.
- Liaise with the Communications team to coordinate Marketing, PR and Communication outputs for internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate sales activity, including providing tours for potential members and following up on leads. You’ll use Hubspot on a daily basis and work closely with senior internal stakeholders to optimise membership by contributing to sales and partnership drives.
- Onboard new members, and ensure consistent and continuous engagement with existing members to provide a positive experience within the community.
- Engage with members so they always feel welcome and supported.
- Identify and stimulate collaboration opportunities within The Building Society.
- Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews.
As well as your experience in Community or Front of House Supervision, you’ll also have the following:
- Track record of engagement in and passion for the built environment, co-working spaces etc.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Experience in boosting brand awareness, community initiatives and events through online and offline platforms
- Management experience of a small team
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives in this context
- Natural connector and enabler, and excellent verbal communication and social engagement skills
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
Why Elliott Wood?
Elliott Wood people are no ordinary engineers. We are activists for a new kind of engineering profession, where technical and creative thinking work together, and in which our craft is re-evaluated by both clients and collaborators.
Like us, our clients and collaborators are more environmentally and socially conscious than ever before. Over the past 25+ years, we’ve engineered globally-recognised landmarks across the UK and often partnered with industry icons. Anyone who joins us will get to work with an incredible, like-minded, hugely collaborative team. This innovation is also reflected in how we build and nurture our talented employee community, our inclusive and diverse culture is what makes us special.
If, like us, you are interested in engineering a better society – and a better way of working – we would love to hear directly from you.
- A nurturing, collaborative, creative environment
- Active encouragement and support to pursue further job related education or skills training
- An extensive range of benefits from health insurance to gym cover, bonus, etc.
You may work as: Front of House, Co-Working Host, Centre Manager, Community Manager, Community Host, Co-Working Manager, FOH or similar within a relevant context. Salary: to £38,000 plus very extensive benefits.
If you’d love to join us, please send your CV and a covering letter, telling us why we’d be a great fit for you, to email@example.com.